Gear up for Industry 4.0 at KITE 2019
Industry 4.0 and the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) were merely buzzwords back in 2014. Today, the traditional manufacturing industry is in the throes of a digital transformation that is accelerated by the exponential growth of smart technologies.
The KwaZulu-Natal Industrial Technology Exhibition (KITE), launched 38 years ago, has continued to embrace changing trends in the industry, not least of which is the uptake of those in 4IR. “We recognise that in order to remain competitive on both the local and global stage, organisations need to gear up and retrain their teams to leverage the benefits that Industry 4.0 brings to the party,” says Nick Sarnadas, portfolio director at Specialised Exhibitions Montgomery.
The exhibition, which will be held between July 24 and 26 at the Durban Exhibition Centre, attracts a diverse collection of leading industrial technology suppliers, and will showcase a broad spectrum of industrial technology. Exhibitors include:
- SIYAMUVA product handling solutions incorporating zero-pressure accumulation conveyors and motorised diverts, as well as custom-designed pack stations, workstations and assemblies.
- Kevro’s Barron range of apparel, workwear, chef wear, sportswear, headwear, gifts, bags, display as well as a full end-to-end branding service solutions.
- Integration-Services engineers will feature low-cost solutions that allow users to monitor their production lines, refrigeration, power distribution and building services from their computer or smartphone.
- H.A.S.S. Industrial is focused on hearing health care in sub-Saharan Africa. It was the first company to manufacture and successfully implement custom-made hearing protection devices and hearing-conservation management programmes into the South African market.
- Festo will showcase its latest range of pneumatics, electric and process automation products and solutions, including the latest and core range dynamic display.
- Pyrotec PackMark is showcasing its Pyrotec PackLink software – a fully integrated customised product tracking system that increases line visibility while improving efficiency by tracking waste, labour and resources, and limiting downtime by enabling critical decisions to be made on the fly.
- The Fastener Factory has a comprehensive range of quality branded products consisting of fasteners, tools, abrasives, drill bits and engineering consumables, as well as a range of bearings and power transmission products.
- Ultravalves specialises in water-control valves that include ratio pressure-reducing valves, Maric flow-control valves, as well as a complete range of valves (50 mm to 3 000 mm) suitable for the water, paper, sugar and petrochemical industries.
Gain industry knowledge
“KITE provides the region with the latest trends and technology available to accelerate uptake of Industry 4.0, and creates a platform for visitors to garner more knowledge. This is achieved through the free-to-attend seminar sessions at the SAIMechE Seminar Theatre.
“One such session will address how technological inventions have delivered immense benefits for businesses in all sectors in terms of cost reductions, enhanced productivity and efficiencies,” says Sarnadas.
Other worthwhile learning sessions will be offered by Manufacturing Enterprise Solutions Association (MESA) special interest group.
To find out more about the exhibition or to register online to attend the event for free, visit the website at www.kznindustrial.co.za.
Engage with KITE 2019 on social media using the show hashtag #KITE2019.