Learn all about drug testing in the workplace
The recent decriminalisation of cannabis has left many companies unprepared to respond. Many employers question how it will be possible to balance the constitutional rights of employees with the requirement to keep employees sober and safe.
According to Homemed, it all starts with a substance-abuse policy that is scientifically, legally and ethically sound. Next month, the organisation will be hosting a seminar to discuss the burning issues around workplace drug testing, including the legislation of dagga, when to test, how to test and the appropriate action to take following a positive result.
Topics to be addressed include:
- An introduction to workplace drug testing;
- How dagga legislation affects companies;
- Legal and ethical aspects for workplace drug testing;
- Drug screening tests and sampling procedures;
- Testing, reporting and interpretation of results.
The cost of the seminar is R2 000 with the price decreasing with the booking of more than two seats. It will take place on February 20 at the Julia Room, Emperors Palace Convention Centre.
For more information: https://www.respondnow.biz/v4/invitation.php?eid=MTE5OQ==